Bu’s Blend™ Biodynamic® Compost is full of naturally occurring microbial diversity which nourishes soil-inhabiting organisms, saves water and serves as a source of support for planting and managing soil health. Made from a base of the best organic dairy cow manure in the country, Bu’s Blend™ is free from GMOs, pesticides, growth hormones, sewage sludge and synthetic chemicals. For use with seeds, starter plants, established plants, trees, shrubs, lawns or as a cover mulch.
Use it throughout your garden to receive the numerous benefits below, and more:
- No Conventional Ag by-products
- No Synthetics
- No greenwaste
- No pesticides
- No herbicides
- No growth hormones
- No sewage sludge
- Aerates your soil
- Repairs damaged and compacted soil
- Breaks up clay soil
- Helps sandy soil retain water
- Builds good soil structure
- Makes any soil easier to work
- Helps maintain a neutral PH
- Helps roots spread easily
- Encourages healthy root systems
- Helps water to drain
- Saves water and protects against drought
- Decreases runoff and keeps water on the property
- Improves the environment for pollinators
- Provides a great topdress around the entire garden for vitality and vigor
- Revitalizes old potting soils and planting mixes
- Grows vital, healthy food gardens
- Keeps waterways clean
- Mimics nature
HAND WATER SOIL AFTER EACH USE.
FOR USE AS COMPOST / TOP-DRESS
Plants, Trees and Shrubs:
Apply 1/2″ of compost throughout at the start of every spring and fall. (first-time users apply 1″) Top-dress at 1/16” every 4-6 weeks throughout the rest of the year.
Compost every spring and fall: 4″ pots – apply 1/16″ throughout; 1 gallon sizes and up – apply 1/4″ throughout.
Raised Bed Food Gardens:
Apply 1″ of compost throughout at the start of every growing season.
Compost every year after harvesting from each specific tree. Apply 1″ of compost throughout starting 6″ away from tree trunk out towards the drip line.
FOR USE IN MIX
Add up to 25% of Bu’s Blend Biodynamic Compost to any potting soil or planting mix other than Baby Bu’s Potting Soil. (Baby Bu’s Potting Soil already contains 25% of Bu’s Blend).
FOR IN-GROUND PLANTING
If your soil is clay, compact, or sandy, make a hole at least twice the size of your container. Then mix 50% Bu’s Blend Biodynamic Compost with 50% of your native soil, then plant your plant. You can plant all new plants, trees and shrubs into your garden this way.